1. Evaluation of pest and disease management systems for ash die-back, oak processionary moth, acute oak decline and honey fungus.
2. Evaluation of soil decompaction techniques (air-spading, vogt, vertical mulching) to improve health and vitality of declining trees.
3. Influence of soil amendments on enhancing transplant survival of trees.
4. Correct planting techniques and weed control measures.
5. Techniques to measure tree health (chlorophyll fluorescence, electrolyte leakage, starch analysis) and their applicability for tree managers